Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Starbucks people are nice. :)

I wandered into Starbucks today, my mouth watering at the thought of a nice, cool, sweet & bitter iced mocha latte.
Months ago I had gone in to get one and my check card wouldn't scan and I didn't have my credit card on me. The barista was sweet and said, "Don't worry about it, it's on us!". I felt bad about it though and called later, trying to give her my credit card # over the phone. She wouldn't take it, insisting that it was ok. I figured she was busy and didn't want to take the time.

So today I asked them to charge me double since I wanted to pay for the "free" one I got a few months ago. They still wouldn't let me, which was really nice. As I waited for my drink, I heard one of the other baristas say to the one making my coffe, "These are all expired from last month, do you want to take them?" as she held up chocolate graham cracker packages. I said to my barista, "Hey, nice little perk, huh? Free chocolate, yay! Funny that they even have an expiration date, it's graham crackers and chocolate, that stuff keeps forever!" and the barista agreed and smiled. Then as I was walking out she ran over and handed me a package of the chocolate covered graham crackers with a grin. I said with a laugh, "Ack! Not only do I not get to pay for my old latte but now you're handing me free stuff!" She replied, "It's because you wanted to pay! Thanks!"


So that was nice. Sometimes even just trying to be honest creates good "karma". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment